Hi! I am Abeer and I am the face behind this blog. I live in Chicago
with my wonderful husband and beautiful baby boy though I am
originally from Canada.
I have been baking ever since I was a kid and have fond memories of baking with my mom. Even now, any time I visit Canada, I make it a point to bake with her and we have a blast.
Cake decorating is something I got addicted to after taking the Wilton courses a few years ago. I started off with only decorating cakes but now, I can't stop myself from decorating anything and everything from cookies to cupcakes to cake pops...hehe.
In 2010, I started this blog because I wanted to document my adventures in this vast world of sugar decorations and also share my triumphs and failures. I hope that what I do here is helpful to others.
I love feedback. If there is something you like or don't like or you just want to say hi, feel free to leave a comment or contact me here.
You can also stay in touch by following me on:
Now, just for fun, here are some random tid bits about me:
- I giggle every time my baby boy tries to put his whole hand in his mouth...lol.
- My wedding anniversary is on Halloween.
- My favorite color is blue.
- I love Gordon Ramsay shows...I find them insanely entertaining!
- Cake decorating has been the perfect way for me to channel my artistic side (which I thought did not even exist ...lol) plus it has allowed me to meet some wonderful blogger friends.
- I have a Masters in Cellular biology /Botany.
- I think Pepsi tastes much better than Coca Cola (And no! I don't care what anyone says but they don't taste the same!Lol )
- I hate mayonnaise and mustard... Can't stand their smell or taste.
- I am a "chocoholic" but god knows why, I get nauseous whenever I eat dark chocolate.
- I like spicy food.
- I wish I was a good photographer and I am trying to get better.
Well, I hope this helped you get to know me better :)